Don’t just take our word for it though. We’ll show you how video can increase your brand’s trust, make it easier to find your products, improve your email marketing, reach more of your customers, and increase your bottom line.
Let’s dig into the benefits of video marketing!
INCREASE YOUR BRAND’S TRUST
Brand loyalty is something that every business seeks. Not only do you want to bring in new customers, but you also want to create repeat customers who are loyal to your brand.
- 36% of consumers say they trust online video ads
- 34% of shoppers are more likely to purchase after viewing an online ad
- 55% of people watch videos online every day
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store
How You Can Do This
Put this into action for your business by creating videos designed to bring your customers back for more. Some of our favorite types of these videos are tutorial videos, video testimonials, and
Transparency and authenticity are huge factors in creating trustworthy content. When you’re creating your videos, make sure to keep your audience in mind. High quality and professionally made video may look nice to you and your CMO, but your audience may not be able to identify with it if it doesn’t feel authentic. Remember it’s not just about what you’re featuring, but how it will make your audience feel.
Now onto how video can improve your SEO!
VIDEO MAKES YOUR PRODUCTS EASIER TO FIND
If you can tell me the name of a business that doesn’t care about their SEO, please let me know, because I can’t think of any! SEO, search engine optimization, is probably one of the most used acronyms in the marketing world because everyone wants theirs to be better.
The number of algorithms and bots that are out there organizing and optimizing search results is far too many to number off. But one thing they all have in common is their affinity toward video. Check out the stats!
- 70% of the top 100 search listings on Google are video results
- Facebook also favors video content in searches and gives higher results to video and Live videos
- 54% of senior executives share
work relatedvideos with colleagues, weekly
- 500 million people are watching videos on Facebook every day
How You Can Do This
Okay, so how do you turn those numbers into results for you? Creating videos doesn’t have to be tumultuous and extravagant, it can be as simple as turning FAQ answers into videos. These are the questions people are searching for, so your search volume should already be high. Win number one. Secondly, this will save you customer service time if you can send them over to a video that answers their question.
Other topics that you can cover to help increase your search results are get-to-know-you videos from your team or monthly live updates about your company. Live video is your friend on social media. Facebook treats live video as the favorite child and will bump your content to the top of everyone’s timelines.
Now that we know how to improve our SEO let’s talk about email marketing.
IMPROVE YOUR EMAIL MARKETING EFFORTS
If you think email marketing is a thing of the past, you may want to reconsider. Email is still a great way to get in front of your customers and video is a fantastic way to make those current emails more engaging.
Think of adding video to your email like getting Botox. The bones and structure are there you just need the little injection of good stuff to bring it back to life. Adding the word video to the subject line alone increases your open nearly 19%. Let’s look at some more email data.
- Video in email can increase open rates by 6%
- Increase click rates by 96%
- 4x as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it
- 4 out of 5 consumers believe that demo videos are helpful
How You Can Do This
The easiest way to do this is to repurpose content you’ve already created by embedding videos in an email newsletter. If you’re a little unsure on this idea, check out our post dedicated entirely to video in email.
Another option is to have your sales team include introduction videos in their email efforts. This allows your leads to get to know your team better and feel more comfortable with their sales rep. When they’re more comfortable with their sales rep, they’ll be more likely to buy. Win-win!
REACH YOUR CUSTOMERS ANY TIME, ANY PLACE
Everyone is always on the go, but they’re also always attached to their phones. Lucky for
- Online video accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic
- US adults will spend over 10 hours a day consuming media, 83% of which on their smartphone
- 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound
How You Can Do This
Launch a video series on your social media channels to engage viewers, quick and concise videos are best. Many people would rather watch a video than read a story, so chop up your blogs and make a thirty-second recap to post on social. This allows you to repurpose content you’ve already created and deliver your information to your audience in a way that they are more likely to engage with.
Pro Tip: Make sure your videos have captions so they can be understood without sound.
INCREASE YOUR BOTTOM LINE
We saved the best for last. Crunching the numbers and making sure your marketing efforts are working is what your CMO is going to care about the most. Investing in
- 80% increase in conversion when video is used on a landing page
- Businesses using video grow company revenue 49% faster year-over-year than businesses without video
- People spend on average 6x more time on pages with video than without
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI
Now You Know How You Can Do This
By developing a video strategy to include in your marketing efforts, your business will see the benefits. Video marketing is here to stay and you’re going to want to get in on the action. Of all the benefits your business can see, improved brand loyalty, higher ranking SEO, and a higher bottom line make for a profitable argument.